Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Day of Decisions....

Today is a big day in the life of little Ariannah...although she most likely has no idea that the "big people" around her are making such major decisions today. Decisions that will change her life forever. Decisions that will hopefully change mine and Derek's life forever too! This morning, Ariannah's birth mother has a court appearance in which the judge and social workers will decide whether or not to keep providing services to her or whether they should move forward with terminating her rights. If it is the latter, it will bring us one step closer to bringing Ariannah "home".

So while I sit and wait *patiently* for the social worker to call me this afternoon about court, I am also waiting to hear back from my doctor. I had to get blood drawn yesterday to make sure my hormone levels are going back down to zero. We have been blessed up to this point to not need a D&C after any of the losses, and a decling hormone level is an indicator that my body is clearing everything out on its own. So we are hoping my levels have plunged since last week and that I will not need any kind of procedure.

Well, I better get back to my waiting......

God Bless everyone and I can't wait to update you on the good news I am sure we will receive tonight :)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

i hope your levels go down on their own again. i can't wait to hear how court goes! hoping for the best news!

Anonymous said...

I finally got a chance to look at your blog. Very interesting. Your spirit continues to amaze me. I can't wait to hear detail about the special one. Beth

Aunt Diane said...

Aunt Kathee has been forwarding messages from your Mom to me, so I wanted you to know that we (the Christian clan) have seen the pics of Ariannah, and yes-- she is adorable. I pray that all your prayers are answered because whether you know it or not, we are all praying for you here on our Pennsylvania end. Love to all!