Thursday, September 10, 2009
I am still in complete disbelief! I just talked to the foster mother of Ariannah and she told me that court went well this morning. The judge granted the social worker’s motion for relief of services and set a termination date for October. The even better news is that the social worker and HOI (our foster/adoptive agency) have worked out a compromise and have decided to place Ariannah with us as soon as possible as a foster placement instead of waiting for the termination to occur. The social worker told the foster mother that his intention is to move Ariannah to our home next week!!! What???!!! I might have a baby in a week….no way??!!?? I also got an email from the supervisor in Indiana confirming this information.
Derek and I are super excited. Of course we have a lot to do, and a lot to buy, but we are definitely *ready* for Ariannah to come live with us. Part of me is still nervous and won’t believe it until it happens. But so far everything looks very promising.
I will update when I hear more.